April 17, 2018
If you have a busy schedule and are short on time, you’re not alone. With work, school and extracurricular activities, it easily seems like there aren’t enough hours in a day to get all the things accomplished you’d like to have done.
Chances are one of the reasons you may not visit the dentist as much as you should, or you postpone necessary dental procedures, is because of the shortage of time.
If you have a dental procedure done, you can’t afford to skip a day to recover.
Fortunately, dental technology has now made it possible for certain, simple, routine dental procedures to be done in a single day and get you back on your feet the next day.
One of these dental technological advancements is the introduction of CEREC.
CEREC stands for Chairside Economic Restorations of Esthetic Ceramics. This machine utilized 3D imaging technology to produce custom-made crowns right in the dentist’s office.
Crowns are one of the most common and routine dental procedures we do at Lakepoint Dental Health & Aesthetics, so having this technology available to patients is a great asset to our patient satisfaction.
How does our CEREC technology benefit patients you may ask? Well, here are just a few:
- Gets patients in and out of the dental office fast. With CEREC, patients can have their mouths quickly and easily digitally scanned and run through the machine that produces the ceramic crowns. The appointment takes less than a few hours, after which patients leave with new teeth.
- No follow-up appointments necessary. The accurate and precise measuring of the patient’s teeth and mouth and superior fit of the crown significantly lowers the need for the crowns to be altered and re-fitted, thereby removing the need of a required follow-up appointment.
- No waiting. Traditionally, there was a waiting period from when the dentist took x-rays, photos and molds of the patient’s teeth and mouth and when the outside dental lab mailed back the finished crowns. This period could be as long as 6 weeks. With CEREC, the crowns are made right in the dentist office, so no waiting is necessary and patients will be fitted with their new crowns in a single office visit.
- Comfortable, durable crowns. The crowns are made utilizing high-tech machinery, not the guesswork of a lab technician. The cuts are more precise and provide a more comfortable, secure fit. There is also a lower chance of necessary alterations to the crown after it is inserted. Since they are made to more accurately fit the individual patient, the crown can last longer because of a lower risk of irregular wear and tear.
- Less Mess. With CEREC, digital images are taken of the patient’s mouth, whereby avoiding the gross messiness and bad taste of gel and impression trays.
- Little to no pain or discomfort afterwards. In most cases, patients are able to get back to their regular lives immediately after getting their crowns put in thanks to the precision and accuracy of the CEREC’s manufacturing of the crowns.
CEREC technology also benefits patients who need implants, implant-supported bridges, inlays and onlays.
At Lakepoint Dental Health & Aesthetics, we know that your time is a limited and valuable commodity. With our CEREC equipment and technology, we can provide quicker, quality service to our patients.
If you’re regularly putting off dental care because you’re afraid of how it will possibly sideline your busy schedule, now is the time to schedule an appointment with us and enjoy the benefits of CEREC and our other dental technology.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.